Thursday, July 16, 2009

Tandoori Tofu


Tandoori Tofu


I was asked a while back if I knew any tofu recipes, and this one is one of the first that features the tofu. I was also asked if this recipe was “man-able?” and I think the answer would have to be yes-it is very, very easy to make! It’s not a pretty recipe, but I like to think of it as tasty.

Ingredients:

Non-stick cooking spray
¼ cup frozen diced onions (or fresh if you have time)
1 package extra-firm tofu, drained
1 can no salt added diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
½ cup frozen peas
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp tandoori powder (pre-made stuff is available from

Apparatus:


Pot
Knife
Spoon

Process:
1)Dice tofu. I prefer to do this while it’s still in the package and just cut in a grid pattern.
2)Spray pot with non-stick cooking spray. Add onions and sauté on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes to thaw.
3)Place all other ingredients in pot, cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes. (The longer you let it simmer, the more flavor the tofu absorbs.) Stir occasionally, but the more you stir, the less shape your tofu will retain.
4)Serve.


*Notes* I serve this over brown rice and with seasoned lentils on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment